Instagram links in bio have changed! Instagram has announced a new feature that allows users to add up to 5 clickable links in their bio. This is a major shift from the previous one-link limit, and it has significant implications for businesses and individuals looking to drive traffic to their websites. We explore the new feature and have some practical tips for making the most of it to drive traffic and increase engagement.
Why the new feature matters?
Until recently, Instagram only allowed users to add a single clickable link in their bio. This made it challenging for businesses and individuals to promote multiple products or services, events, or even different social media platforms.
The new feature changes all that by allowing up to 5 links in the bio, each with a unique label. This means that businesses can now promote multiple products or services, events, or even different social media platforms all from one location.
This feature is going to be great for HaveGlobeWillTravel.com our travel magazine and for influencers who want to promote various products and services without having to switch links constantly.
How to make the most of the new feature?
Here are some practical tips for making the most of it:
- Use custom labels for each link: Instagram allows users to add a custom label to each of the 5 links in their bio. Make sure to use descriptive labels that accurately represent the content of each link. This will make it easier for your followers to understand the purpose of each link and click on the ones that interest them the most.
- Prioritize the most important links: Even though you now have 5 links available, it is important to prioritize the most important links that you want your followers to click on. Consider the links that are most likely to drive traffic or generate sales and place them at the top of your bio.
- Update your links regularly: With the new feature, it is easier to add and remove links from your bio. Take advantage of this by updating your links regularly to keep your content fresh and relevant. This will also help to keep your followers engaged and interested in your brand.
- Use call-to-actions: When adding links to your bio, it is essential to include a call-to-action to encourage your followers to click on them. Use compelling language that highlights the benefits of clicking on the link, and make sure to place the call-to-action in a prominent location.
- Use analytics to track performance: Instagram provides analytics that allows you to track the performance of each link in your bio. Use this data to understand which links are most effective at driving traffic and engagement, and adjust your strategy accordingly.
The new feature that allows up to 5 clickable links in the bio is great for businesses looking to promote multiple products, services, or experiential events make the most of this feature, and drive more traffic and engagement to your website.